1/27/09

2 New Mecha Designs!

I was given permission to post some mecha designs from 2008. I actually did quite a few mecha designs last year and I will try to showcase some of my favorites here on my blog.

I'll start off with these two, which were created for Phoenix MacLeod. Phoenix let me do whatever I wanted as long as the designs had the right armaments and fit into a certain weight class.


Light mech:
Medium Mech:

I think I have come a long way since I worked on the MechWarrior 4 games. Working with MechWarrior really helped me learn how to plan for joints and allow enough space in and around the limbs for them to actually move accurately. Building Gundam model kits also helped with that.

These drawings are just concept art really. They are the first and only drawings I made for the designs so I had to work out everything as I was doing my under drawing. The deigns you see for anime and movies have been through numerous revision cycles and refined to the final version. I'm sure that these designs could be even cooler if I had the time to refine them, but that's not the way it usually works.


I have more designs to post, but I'm spacing them out into multiple posts. Check back next week for more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow i like your drawing, very nice