1/21/09

4 New Scholastic Hot Wheels Books!

I recently received samples of 4 more Hot Wheels books that I illustrated last year. This time around I even got to illustrate the covers for Drag Race and Monster Trucks. Covers are always fun! I drew the fire ring for Stunt Show but the car is from a Mattel artist.

I think all 4 of these books look great... much better than the first few did. It took me a while to get my drawing chops back after making video games for so long but I'm finally back in the groove and constantly working to get even better (it only took 3 years...). Cars are so hard to draw that I had get my brain wrapped around the whole concept. Drawing the ellipses for all the wheels is a mega challenge but templates help a little.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea how I can get my hands on these books?

David White Illustration said...

Hi. I really wish I could help you, but the only way I know to get these books if through Scholastic's school book fair. I get asked this question frequently! I even checked on e-bay but there was nothing listed.

I really do wish the books were more widely available.

Smellyann said...

Hi, I just purchased "Stunt Show" at our school book fair for my son last night. THey are really hard to find, otherwise!