2/5/08

New York Comic Con?

A lot of people have been asking me if I'll be attending the New York Comic Con this year. The short answer is "I don't know."

The long answer is I might be there, but it depends on my approval as a professional, which would allow me to get a free weekend pass. (I had to pay $60 last year for a pass!) The continued long answer is that if I go, I will be attending as a spectator since I don't have a table in artist alley and I didn't get invited to sit with the Mirage guys again like last year :(

Since I don't have any new prints, sketchbooks, or anything else it probably doesn't really matter. I do thoroughly enjoy meeting everyone that stops by at cons and I love doing con sketches so I will be at a loss for all of that!

I'll need to get a hotel too and that'll cost a pretty penny. Hopefully my wife will come along and that'll make running about the city a lot more fun.

The con takes place April 18-20 at the Javits Center. Here's the web page where you can get more details...
NY Comic Con 2008

If I go, then I'll post again. Maybe I can meet up and hang out with some of you who've always supported me at other cons I have attended in the past.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David-
Just got your MechaZone sketchbook
(from Bud Plant)

Awesome artwork.
Cool blog.
I'll be stopping by from time to time.

Will you be attending Heroes in Charlotte?

David White Illustration said...

Hi Emilio. Glad you like the sketchbook! I didn't know there were any left anywhere so maybe I'll make a post about that. I get requests for them from time to time but I haven't had any of the books in stock for over a year.

No plans to go to Heroes. I don't do many cons. The last con I attended was the NY con last year and the Philly Wizard Con about 2 yeas before that.