4/24/08

Majesty 2 actually in production.

As some of you may know, I used to make computer games for Massachusetts based company, Cyberlore Studios. Cyberlore closed its doors a couple of years ago and that is when I decided to become a full-time freelancer.

One of Cyberlore's greatest accomplishments was our original game Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim. I loved making and playing Majesty! I was personally responsible for designing the Title graphic. We even made a one level tech demo for Majesty 2 waaay back in 2003. Now some other company has bought the rights to Majesty and is making a sequel. You can read all the juicy details over at IGN...

Majesty 2 announcement at IGN

Screenshots of Cyberlore's original Majesty 2 tech demo

And here is a teaser movie for the new Majesty that was released on YouTube...


Personally, I think it looks a tad on the mediocre side but I'll wait and see how it turns out. The charm of the original Majesty was more in its personality than the graphics so looks don't mean everything.

No comments: