10/22/08

FINALLY MOVED!

I am sooooo happy to finally be finished with the moving! My wife and I worked diligently to get the new space painted and cleaned and I am really happy with the results.

My awesome friends helped me move everything in just a few hours on Sunday. I was able to get my drawing and computing areas set up with only a few things left such as connecting speakers and setting up my PC/MAC network. I was bummed at first because the building only gets DLS for internet- no cable. BUT, I must report that I am pleasantly surprised with my dedicated business DSL line, which can download at approx 350k a sec. Not too bad considering the DSL I used to have in my old apartment only got 85k a sec downloads.

I have a lot of work to do as always so I am having trouble getting the rest of the move-in stuff completed. I need to drive (1.5 hours each way) to Ikea and get some book shelves before I can unpack my books and toys. I have a lot of both! There just isn't enough time.

Here are a couple of pics as things are now, but I'll be changing things as I get some more furniture and get completely settled in. The larger space is awesome but not too comfy yet. I need to get a table with chairs as well as a sofa before I will feel 100% at home. Some new window dressings would be nice too.

No comments: